The leader of The Wave Pictures, David Tatterstall, is a fan of films starring Jack Nicholson. Who isn’t? “ I like Jack Nicholson. I have to admit that I haven't seen all his films. But these are my ten favourites, in no particular order.” It’s true, this list has little to do with the poetic and classic pop Tatterstall and his band deliver, but it will remind us of some gems from the seventh art.
Speaking of The Wave Pictures, in early May the band’s new album will be released, “ Beer In The Breakers” (Moshi Moshi-Acuarela), which you will be able to hear here shortly, right before they start their European tour. But for now, here are some outstanding performances by old Jack.
1. “The Postman Always Rings Twice” ( Bob Rafelson, 1981)
2. “As Good As It Gets” (James L. Brooks, 1997)
3. “The Last Detail” (Hal Ashby, 1973)
4. “The Shining” (Stanley Kubrick, 1980)
5. “One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest” (Milos Forman, 1975)
6. “Chinatown” (Roman Polanski, 1974)
7. “A Few Good Men” (Rob Reiner, 1992)
8. “The Pledge” (Sean Penn, 2001)
9. “Wolf” (Mike Nichols, 1994)
10. “Five Easy Pieces” (Bob Rafelson, 1970)
The leader of The Wave Pictures fesses up to his admiration for actor Jack Nicholson. We think that’s a good thing: being a Jack fan is mandatory, and for those who aren’t, here’s a list with ten recommended films.