This is, without a doubt, the week of The Rapture; thanks to the release of the brilliant “In The Grace Of Your Love”. That's why we made a list of the best tracks from the series “Misfits”: the music used in the credits of the series is “Echoes” by the New York band and the third season is about to kick off. The task was pretty easy, as the British series is serious competition for “Gossip Girl” in the race for the title of “most songs per episode”. Plus, they have good taste in music and know how to pick excellent indie-friendly electronic tracks. Heads up: spoiler alert. If you wish to avoid them, press play immediately without reading the comments with every track.
1. Hot Chip: “Out At The Pictures”1x01: The Misfits put on their typical orange suits for the first time.
2. Aphex Twin: “Tamphex (Hedphuq Mix)”1x02: Nathan is following Jeremy.
3. Kleerup: “Until We Bleed (ft. Lykke Li)”1x03: All the Misfits are on the roof and nobody wants to drink with Simon.
4. Underworld: “Beautiful Burnout”1x04: The police arrests Curtis for drugs possession.
5. The xx: “Stars”1x05: Simon walks Sally home.
6. The Chemical Brothers: “Swoon (Boys Noize Summer Remix)”2x02: Nathan and Jamie drive to a rave.
7. The Black Keys: “Thickfreakness”2x03: Simon, Nathan and Kelly go to the tattoo parlour.
9. Echo & The Bunnymen: “The Killing Moon”2x05: Alisha listens to Simon's iPod and says it's depressive.
10. Warpaint: “Stars”2x07: Nikki is shot and dies.
One of the best British series of the moment also features great music. The episodes of “Misfits” are full of indie-friendly electronica gems from yesterday and today.