After a career spanning ten years, Swedish combo The Embassy, are still largely unknown outside of their icy frontiers - in spite of being one of the driving forces behind the “Gothenburg sound”, along with bands like Studio and The Tough Alliance. Their elegant slow-motion beats have little to do with the selection (mostly acid and rave, with some drops of mechanical and noisy rock) they sent us. We asked them to give us the ten tracks that made their heads spin the most; this is their answer. If this selection tickles your curiosity and you want to find out more about The Embassy, know that on 27th September, the Servicelabel will release the compilation “Life In The Trenches: The Other Side of 2001-2011”, full of unreleased tracks and rarities never heard before. Sweden will always have a place in our hearts.
1. Blame: “Music Takes You (Piano Takes You)”
2. Charles B & Adonis: “Lack Of Love”
3. Def Touch: “Nasty Rhythm”
4. George Morel: “‘Yeah’ Come On”
5. Da Posse: “In The Heat Of The Night (Acid Mix)”
6. Rythim Is Rythim: “Strings Of Life”
7. Joey Beltram: “Energy Flash”
8. WU LYF: “We Bros”
9. Araab Muzik: “Feelin So Hood”
10. Ikons: “The Hawk”
The Embassy give us their ten favourite tracks of recent times: a lot of rave, a lot of acid and a bit of noisy rock.